NB. At present, due to delivery restrictions we only deliver to Northern Ireland and Co. Donegal
Dry Cured Bacon Bits
Available in: 200g
Cheese & Bacon Scones
Makes: 6 scones
• 1 packet of Kennedy’s Bacon Bits
• 200g self-raising flour
• 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
• 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 40g butter
• 70g strong grated cheese
• 100ml milk
Prep:10min › Cook:10min
1. Preheat oven to 200°C / Gas 6. Lightly grease a baking tray.
2. Fry off Bacon Bits in a pan until they are cooked through
3. Combine flour, mustard powder and cayenne pepper and rub butter cubes into flour.
4. Grate cheese and add to combined flour mixture along with the bacon. Mix adding milk in small amounts until dough binds together. Keep some milk for brushing the tops.
5. Knead mixture lightly on a lightly floured surface. Do not be tempted to over knead.
6. Roll or pat out dough to 2-3cm deep and cut with a 5cm cutter..
7. Place scones onto the lightly greased baking tray. Brush scone tops with milk. Be careful not to brush the sides.
8. Bake for 10-15 minutes until they turn a golden brown colour.
9. Remove from oven and onto a cooling rack .
Eat hot or cold Enjoy!